Do you feel exhausted, drained, anxious, cranky, and or experience fitful sleep after working with clients for an extended period of time? Do you feel that way when walking through crowds, watching the news, or just being yourself in the world? If so, you are probably, like me, highly empathic (90% empathic according to David Markowitz author of Self-Care for the Self-Aware: A Guide for Highly Sensitive People, Empaths, Intuitives, and Healers, a book I highly recommend.
I am learning, and slowly coming to peace with the fact that my hyper empathic nature is my gift. It allows me to help others bring to light the unconscious or conscious blocks that can cause stagnation in their creative flow. However, being a sponge has its limitations: once our empathic “sponge” gets full, we have to figure out how to (metaphorically) wring it out, without wringing ourselves out in the process.
Here are some self-reminders, and questions that I have implemented for myself, and hopefully they will assist you on the path from sponge to funnel.
Try to say each of the following out loud to yourself as many times a day as possible; you may want to post them in prominent places in your home:
- What is my truth at this moment?
- Am I in a habitual pattern of reactive behavior, or am I in my truth?
- Is this my truth, or a truth belonging to someone else?
- I am not responsible for anyone else’s soul path.
- Whatever flows through the Heart chakra, I keep what’s meant for me and I let go of what’s not meant for me. I welcome the energetic flow, and I know I’m not responsible for keeping what’s not mine.
- I am loveable because I am.
- I welcome my inner Dalai Lama-ness (or choose another person you feel exists happily in his or her truth).
- I send out love and I do not worry about what comes back.
- I am not attached to outcomes.
When you have embodied, as I am still learning to, at least some of these reminders, they will become a valuable part of your healing practice, a tool to help you maintain boundaries without sacrificing flexibility and compassion.
Many Blessings ~ Melinda
We are here to help if you need a little nudge, push, or tap on the shoulder. If you’d like to learn more about self-healing, please schedule an Intuitive Reading, together we’ll create a plan tailored specifically to your needs and experience.
This essay is based on my personal conversations with David Markowitz
WANT TO USE THIS ARTICLE IN YOUR JOURNAL, EZINE OR WEB SITE? You can, as long as you include this complete blurb with it: Melinda Iverson Inn, helps conscious seekers like you to get in tune with your own intuitive wisdom to bring forth and create harmony, balance, and clarity, for your health and wellbeing. Get a free 15-minute Self-Healing Discovery session with Melinda at http://melindaiversoninn.com/
This material is copyrighted. © 2014-2018 Melinda Iverson Inn