What Exactly are Chakras?
Chakras are energy centers located at specific points on the physical body; they are concentrations and conjunctions of the body’s vital systems (nervous, circulatory, lymphatic, etc.).
While energy practitioners have located many such centers throughout the physical body, the seven most well-known are those that are aligned upward from the base of the spine to the top of the head.
It is important to keep your chakras in harmony; unbalanced chakras can, over time, manifest as illness, or as non-beneficial behavioral changes or feelings such as anxiety, anger, paranoia or depression.
Balanced chakras, on the other hand, allow the circulation of our vital forces to flow easily upward through the spine, passing through all of the energy centers and providing ideal conditions for health and the development of higher awareness.
Below is a brief description of these seven energy centers:
• The Seventh or Crown Chakra, located at the top or “crown” of the head, is our point of connection to source energy, and a channel for our relationship to spiritual power and authority, and to higher consciousness.
Color: Violet – Musical Note: B – Element: All
• The Sixth Chakra, located at the point between the eyebrows, is often called the Third Eye Chakra, and is a focal point for inner wisdom and knowing.
Color: Indigo – Musical Note: A – Element: All
• The Fifth, or Throat Chakra, located at the base of the neck, below the Adam’s apple, is associated with our ability to communicate, our unique self-expression, and our creativity.
Color: Blue – Musical Note: G – Element: Ether
• The Fourth or Heart Chakra, located at the breastbone/heart area, is the center for love, relationships, and the giving and receiving of loving energies.
Color: Green – Musical Note: F – Element: Air
• The Third, or Solar Plexus Chakra, located at the diaphragm/solar plexus area, is the seat of willpower, the emotions, and the ego.
Color: Yellow – Musical Note: E – Element: Fire
• The Second, or Sacral Chakra, located in the bellybutton/ lower back area, governs sexuality and creativity, and is also related to boundaries.
Color: Orange – Musical Note: D – Element: Water
• The First, or Root Chakra, located at the base of the spine or tailbone, is literally the seat of security, survival, and fight-or-flight reactions.
Color: Red – Musical Note: C – Element: Earth
I hope you found this article to be helpful in some way.
Many Blessings ~ Melinda